Skip to content

gpSP 0.7.2+ Repacked with new game_config

the gpSP is a gameboy advance emulator originally written by Exophase. And now it’s ported to the Symbian OS!

I head from the users that the game_config.txt from the past works better than the one packaged with 0.7.2. Some say that the Pokemon Fire Red works with this game_config, while it doesn’t work with the one packages in 0.7.2. For me it seems to be working with both game_configs, so I decided to make a new package for you. Does this one work better, do we have better game compatibility, or do you prefer the one packaged with the older 0.7.2? You can reply in the comments section.

This version supports only Symbian^3 phones with Symbian Belle refresh installed (N8, E7 etc.). The old Symbian Anna users should still use the older gpSP 0.7.  The S60 5th edition users should use the gpsp 0.6.5 for S60 5th edition

What’s new:

• Repacked with new game_config.txt

Controls:

• You can choose between 8-directional and 4-directional DPads.
  • You can add hidden A+B button areas, to press both of them at once.
gpsp: the red dots indicates the hidden A+B areas

know issues:

• Mounted shares(Dropbox etc.) breaks the filemanger, so do not use mounted shares.
  • It’s a gpsp port, so see the gpsp compatibility list before complaining about non-working ROMs
  • the emulator crashes if you try to load a ROM without setting the BIOS
  • there are some limitations in the ZIP file support, so maybe you have to upzipt the ROMs
  • The ZIP files seem to be eating quite a lot of RAM, so If ROM doesn’t work, try extracting it.

ZIP limitations

• WinZip
  • Roms ziped in the WinZip Maximum (PPMd) format WILL NOT work.
  • Roms ziped in the WinZip Maximum (bzip2) format WILL NOT work
  • Roms ziped in the WinZip Maximum (Enhanced Deflate) format WILL NOT run
  • Roms ziped in the WinZip Normal format WILL run
  • Roms ziped in the WinZip Fast format WILL run.
  • Roms ziped in the WinZip Super Fast format WILL run.
  • Roms ziped in the WinZip None format WILL run.

Installation:

Just download and install.

Download:
Download the new 0.7.2+ version:  gpsp_072_repacked (15502 downloads)
or if you prefer the older version, you can try it too:  gpsp_v0.72 (23885 downloads)
Sources are available on Github: https://github.com/Summeli/gpSP4Cute

The Bios:

Remember to set the correct bios before loading ROMs. Make sure to get an authentic one , it’ll be exactly 16384 bytes large and should have the following md5sum “a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6”. The Bios extension should be .bin

Project Wiki page:

Compatibility list:

Compatibility list for Symbian^3 can be found at:

Read this before posting comments:

• Do NOT Ask where to find ROMs / Bios. Asking about these will just get you banned!

40 Comments

1. Summeli Fan says:

Will you be working on an nds emulator for symbian s60v5??

2. Eddie says:

Thanks for the update!I was really surprised when I saw it:)Pokemon FireRed was working for me with the old game_config:-s…Anyways..You’re not interested in symbian anymore(I think) but could keep developing this emulator?maybe you can add an option for cheat codes.An answer will be apreciated:)

3. paulson says:

summeli,coul plzz port this gba emulator for s60v3 phones,plzz i knw there is vbagx avialable but it is very buggy..plzz port this…plzzz(am using an e71)

4. Andreas Specht says:

Does GPSP have any savestate backups? I just managed to save a clean state over my state that I played for over a year, did I just lost everything?

5. pokemon fan says:

The gpSP is too slow when I play the pokemon fire red, how should I do to increase the speed?

6. Saikat says:

hello, mate. This is a great app. But I want to play Yu Gi Oh GX & Ketai Telefang denjuu (J) translated in english. Ketai Denjuu telefang crashes randomly during game & Yu Gi Oh GX crashes in duels. Please fix this or tell me the codes needed to run them. I’ll edit Game_config.txt. Gta Advance doesn’t run too. Please mail me the codes of these games saikatmandal8@gmail.com . It would be awesome if Gpsp has speed up feature. Thanks for developing this app.

7. Arojit sen says:

Hi, Summeli…. Your Gpsp is Awesome…But if you add cheat section with it,it wil be great….waiting for your next version for symbian belle.

-Thanks

8. Paul says:

Sir, wouldn’t it be nice if the Menu, Start and Select buttons will be positioned at the top center? I always have trouble accidentally pressing them. Thanks..:)

9. Brad says:

Had some issues with crashing and freezing when saving a game on the previous version 7.1 but that seems to be gone with 7.2+ THANKS!

10. Francis Lenz says:

Hello, Summeli, I have an issue, I’ve downloaded a game called Super Robot Wars J and tried running it on each of 0.7 versions of gpSP, but it seems to crash right when the first mission starts, could you please fix it?I am sure many other people also want to play that game.I’ve had the same issue with the Golden Sun as well

11. Nikhil says:

How to install and play.. How to install game

12. reav says:

double dragon advance works with this version? please let me know

13. wowa says:

I’m trying to run Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets I walk up to Ginny and then it gives the card emulator is buggy please correct

14. Sean_97 says:

how to add cheats? and game boy link wirless?

15. MortZ says:

Ive got a problem with this, im playing Pokemon Emerald on N8 and no wild pokemon is attaking me. I dont know id its HW or SW fail, can you help me?

16. ibnu says:

gba, mario power tenis not work, please help me

17. Gamer PKMN says:

Summeli Good day, I am very pleased with its initiative on the project for symbian … Both I, like others raved about his project. But the question, I would like to know friend, I would try to recover the save file of any game and puts it and transfer it to the computer? Where could find the file?

18. Gaurav says:

can u plz make new game_config for Naruto Ninja council 1&2 plz its my favorite game and has an awesome gameplay..plz help me

19. Arb says:

Great emulator. Thanks!

How do you hide the on screen buttons (on a phone with a keypad)?

20. tubin says:

sir,please add fast forward option on gpsp.

21. The Black says:

A new config for Naruto RPG Ukestukegi ni ski please

22. santos says:

make a new version .. cannot play shaman king …. give a distance between menu and L .. also R and start and select pls

23. JayRt says:

I don’t know if it’s just me but on my nokia 701 fp2 the controls remain the same whether it is 4 or 8 directional and enabling A+B button also doesn’t seem to have any affect….other than that its superb….would be even better if there was support for trading Pokemon….

24. Baka94 says:

Metroid Fusion seems to not to work. It goes black screen when Samus is supposed to exit the ship after the briefing by the computer thing (This happens on EU, US and JP Rom. I haven’t tried other regions if there even are other regions for MF left to try). Other bugs I found:
    -Gpsp craches when you use reset button
    -Gpsp crashes when you change rom during emulation

25. manish gupta says:

nokia 5530 me pokemö gpsp games kaise download karte hai?

26. wrwr says:

Why NOT work on my nokia n97 mini ????

27. Hasni says:

Hey Summeli!

I don’t know if you are still an active developer for Symbian, so don’t mind if I’m wrong.

I’m an avid Legend of Zelda fan, and I’ve finished almost all the titles you can find under Gameboy and SNES, save for one- The Minish Cap. Here’s why:

Everything goes fine and buttery smooth until at the very end (the Dark Hyrule Castle part) where it just gets stuck and then crashes.

It all starts like this: I enter Dark Hyrule Castle, take the stairs on the right, arrive at the lower floor and head up a screen, ignoring the (wizard and skeleton) enemies. Then I find myself in a long passage filled with bat-like enemies, and head up another screen. There are four skeleton enemies here (hidden though, but they jump up as you come close enough). I defeat them and create three duplicates of myself and move on to lower the gates and go ahead. As I head up another screen, I find several fox-like enemies. I ignore them and use a bomb to blow open a doorway at the bottom left corner. I head in, and find two moving fire enemies; I avoid them and head up the stairs. Once I’m up, I go ahead and engage with a Red Darknut and defeat it. Then I push the lone chair in the room to the left and head down the hidden stairs. Here I find some more bat-like enemies and three mummies; I ignore them and head up the stairs on the right. Once I’m up, I head right and find myself in a room with two moldroms. I ignore them and head up the stairs. Once I arrive at the upper floor, I ignore the lone enemy (spark) and head down. THIS is where the game gets stuck and crashes.

So, I thought it was because of a faulty ROM; I tried another version of the ROM and played through the game all over again to find myself stuck at the same place.

28. Hasni says:

Now all I want to know is whether this is fix-able or not. If so, please help me out!

29. Hasni says:

Oh well. Thanks anyways.

By the way, I really like your GPSP Emulator for Symbian, and my Nokia-Symbian phone E7’s hardware keyboard makes playing all those classic games so much more fun. Thanks for making the best GBA Emulator for Symbian!

• dennis says:

please is it possible for 2 persons to play a gba game at a time on two different phones;maybe via bluetooth or something,espescially for games like naruto and contra that has an option for 2 players.

30. dennis says:

please is it possible for 2 persons to play a
    gba game at a time on two different
    phones;maybe via bluetooth or
    something,espescially for games like naruto
    and contra that has an option for 2 players

31. kuroshino says:

How To Use Cheat bro? Help!
    PAR_V3 not work what)

32. yugi says:

please sir, fix it not work for rom yu-gi-oh gx gba.
    game force close, why? please sir fix it!

33. gargantuar says:

when i play loz minish cap in dark hyrule, the game has force close.. i try to this…

34. Kontolmemek says:

How to use cheat gameshark for gpsp s60v5 ?